Families Coping with Mental Illness:
A Learning Series
As family members, we have many unique challenges to face in supporting the ones we love. Come and find the support you deserve and the information that can help you through your personal journey.
Our new series, Families Coping with Mental Illness consists of 6 modules:
- Self-Care: Caring for the Caregiver
- Major Mental Illness: Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, OCD
- Addictions and Concurrent Disorders
- Navigating the Mental Health Resources – Vernon
- Mental Health – Risk Management
- Mental Illness and Substance Use: Communication, Stigma and Advocacy
The series curriculum is adapted from BC Schizophrenia’s Family Series: Strengthening Families Together.
This series offers:
All modules include handouts, a Powerpoint presentation, community speakers, videos and interactive exercises.
There is an opportunity to ask questions related to your own personal family experience around mental illness and / or substance use issues and have your questions answered by a professional.
Families Coping with Mental Illness Series
Vernon Public Library — 2800 30th Ave.
From 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Future Dates: November 14th
Module 3: Addictions and Concurrent Disorders
Module 5: Mental Health – Risk Management
Module 6: Mental Illness and Substance Use: Communication, Stigma and Advocacy